If you do not find a ready-made, desired job in English, write in the message. Is a quality and cost of dumping.
1. Choose the correct form of pronouns.
1. I to school with (he, him) every day. 2. I see (she, her, herself) at the library every Friday. 3. Is not (she, her) a nice person? 4. (She, her) and John gave the money to the boy. 5. I hurt (my, mine) leg. 6. John bought (himself, herself, hisself) a new coat. 7. (We, us, our) girls arc going camping over the weekend. 8. John (he, himself) went to the meeting. 9. Mary and (I, me) would rather go to the movies. 10. (Her, hers) car does not go as fast as (our, ours).
2. Choose the right words.
1. I would like (a few, a little) salt on my vegetables. 2. There is (too much, too many) bad news on TV tonight. 3. I want to wash my hair. Is there (any, some) shampoo? 4. There is not (something, anything) in the bag. 5. I do not want (these, this) water. 6. A (few, little) people left early. 7. (Much, many) is spoken about it, but (few, little) believe it. 8. There is not (anything, nothing) I like on the menu.
3. Are you on an excursion to the National Museum. You are viewing pictures. Insert there is, there are, there was, there were, there will be a story and translate into Russian.
Welcome to the National Museum, ladies and gentlemen. We've only got one hour and ... a lot to see, so let's start.
On your left, you can see a painting by Rembrandt. ... Seven works by Rembrandt here now. Last year ... eight but sadly ... a robbery at the museum some months ago and the painting was stolen.
For those of you who are interested, ... a major exhibition of Rembrandt's work in London at the moment, and one next year in Amsterdam. I'm sure ... a lot of visitors to both exhibitions.
Now in the room, .... a very famous painting by Picasso. And this painting on the right is very interesting. It's by an Italian artist but we do not know which one. Oh no! It's disappeared! ... Another robbery only some minutes ago! Quick! Phone the police!
4. In the following sentences given incorrect information. Correct them by writing in each case on the two proposals.
Sample: The sun goes round the earth.
The sun does not go round the earth.
The earth goes round the sun.
1. The sun rises in the west. 2. Mice catch cats. 3. Carpenters make things from metal. 4. The River Amazon flows into the Pacific Ocean. 5. They speak English in Germany.
5. Use these suggestions to make questions. Start with a question word (s) in parentheses.
Sample: Tom plays tennis. (How often?)
How often does Tom play tennis?
1. Ann watches television. (How often?) 2. I write to my parents (How often?) 3. I have dinner in the evening. (What time, usually?) 4. Tom works. (Where?) 5. I go to the cinema. (How often?) 6. People do stupid things. (Why?) 7. My parents live in Moscow. (Where?) 8. The train arrives at 10. (When?)
6. Finish the sentence. Put the verbs in the correct form, affirmative or negative.
1. It was warm, so I ... off my coat (take). 2. The film was not very good. I ... it very much (enjoy). .3. I knew Sarah was very busy, so I ... her (disturb). 4. I was very tired, so I ... to bed early (go). 5. We went to Kate's house but she ... at home (be). 6. The window was open and a bird ... into the room (fly). 7. I was in a hurry, so I ... time to phone you (have).
7. Make a brief conversation. Use words in parentheses.
Sample: Pete is out (to be back, soon)
Will he be back soon? - I think he will
1. I'm busy now (to speak to me, in an hour). 2. We will not have a dictation tomorrow. (The day after tomorrow). 3. I did not go to the country last summer (to stay in town, next summer, too). 4. Nick is still in bed (to be up, in a quarter of an hour). 5. We have no lecture on history this week (next week). 6. They still live in Kiev (to move to Moscow, soon).