- Arts & Culture 7175
- Books in Foreign Languages 152
- Business & Economics 4396
- Computers 2135
- Dictionaries & Encyclopedias 598
- Education & Science 116162
- Abstracts 1116
- Astrology 11
- Astronomy 14
- Biology 33
- Chemistry 5891
- Coursework 15582
- Culture 26
- Diplomas 2359
- Drawings 1188
- Ecology 28
- Economy 320
- English 987
- Entomology 2
- Ethics, Aesthetics 21
- For Education Students 31427
- Foreign Languages 51
- Geography 19
- Geology 17
- History 264
- Maps & Atlases 37
- Mathematics 16793
- Musical Literature 7
- Pedagogics 203
- Philosophy 176
- Physics 16253
- Political Science 120
- Practical Work 171
- Psychology 464
- Religion 49
- Russian and culture of speech 56
- School Textbooks 68
- Sexology 68
- Sociology 43
- Summaries, Cribs 681
- Test Answers 57
- Tests 20575
- Textbooks for Colleges and Universities 205
- Theses 199
- To Help Graduate Students 23
- To Help the Entrant 97
- Vetting 396
- Works 50
- Информатика 15
- Engineering 3375
- Esoteric 933
- Fiction 3265
- For Children 334
- House, Family & Entertainment 2305
- Law 2677
- Medicine 1214
- Newspapers & Magazines 385
- Security 251
- Sport, Tourism 1007
- Website Promotion 626
English version 6
Content: 40225100053803.rar 27,51 kB
Option number 6
1. Follow the grammar test.
Grammar test number 3.
Select the correct answer.
1. What was the ... last year? - $ 1,000,000,000.
a) overturn b) turnover c) turn-out d) out-turn
2. "Do" is an ... verb.
a) irregular b) unregular c) nonregular d) disregular
3. I ... all kinds of insects, especially spiders.
a) unlike b) dislike c) nonlike d) illike
4. How many ... do you have? - More than a thousand workers.
a) employs b) employment c) employees d) employers
5. Where do you usually place your ...? - Mostly on TV.
a) advertises b) advertisements c) advertisers d) advertisings
6. Thank you for a lovely evening! - The ... was mine.
a) please b) pleasant c) pleasure d) pleased
7 ..., I can not come tonight. Probably, next time.
a) fortune b) fortunately c) unfortunately d) fortunate
8. The airport is ... the north ... the city.
a) from, with b) to, of c) on, in d) by, under
9. The cupboard is ... the window and the desk.
a) between b) under c) above d) behind.
10. Our train is ... the morning.
a) on b) from c) in d) to.
11. Their holiday starts ... June the 15th.
a) on b) in c) to d) from
12. The morning shift is ... am ... 6 17 pm
a) at, from b) from, to c) to, from d) at, to
13. We are going ... Paris ... Friday.
a) in, in b) in, on c) to, on d) to, in
14. He wants ... you right now! Hurry up!
a) see b) to see c) seeing d) seen
15. Jim prefers ... his report in person.
a) give b) to give c) giving d) given
16. Let´s ... our subsidiary tomorrow afternoon!
a) visit b) to visit c) visiting d) will visit
17. The manager asked him ... work in two days.
a) finish b) to finish c) finishing d) finished
18. They can not ... to the meeting on Monday.
a) come b) to come c) coming d) came
19. She should ... her presentation more thoroughly.
a) prepare b) to prepare c) preparing d) prepared
20. She made them ... the goods in two separate cardboard boxes.
a) deliver b) to deliver c) delivering d) delivered
21. They ought ... a uniform at work.
a) wear b) to wear c) wearing d) worn
22. We continued ... after he left.
a) write b) wrote c) writing d) written
23. ... in a foreign country can be very difficult.
a) live b) to live c) living d) lived
24. After a 24-hour shift she felt really ....
a) exhaust b) to exhaust c) exhausting d) exhausted
25. Was his presentation ...?
a) interest b) to interest c) interesting d) interested
26. After ... the office he went to a meeting with his colleague.
a) leave b) to leave c) leaving d) left
27. Fragile goods should be ... with much care.
b) a) delivery b) to deliver c) delivering d) delivered
1. Set the text "A Memo Letter" (p. 182-183).
A Memo Letter
A memorandum (or memo) is a very common form of business letter which is exchanged between members of the same organisation. The memo usually focuses on one message or piece of information, and often requests action to be taken. It may be sent to a single person or a group of people.
There are many different techniques used in memo writing, but several basic rules should always be applied:
• Since memos are a little less formal than business letters, it is best to use simple language.
• • Keep your memo clear. Use short, simple sentences.
• A memo should not be any longer than one page. Most people do not have time to read long memos.
• The opening and closing formula can be more direct, and less formal than in a letter.
Here is an example of memo.
1. DATE 9th June
2. TO Vincent Mills, Human Resources
FROM Philip Groves, Managing Director
3. SUBJECT Seminars on management.
4. The seminars as we discussed are to be held on 15-17 June.
Could you contact the members of Seminars and inform me about the following:
5. the topics that these Seminars cover
short description of each topic
whether you think we should use reports printed in advance
6. We have not much time, so could you do this asap and also check the availability of the members who will be involved in these Seminars.
2. Answer the question №6 setting 23.1 on p.331.
6. What is «rent»?
3. Perform the task 16.6 №11 p. 244
Fill in the gaps with the words and expressions from the text.
11. By ...., society economizes on the scarce resources required to produce money as ....
|1 month||3 months||12 months|