Модуль 14. Контрольная работа на пройденный грамматический материал.
Задание 1. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в страдательном залоге.
1. I am sure I (ask) at the lesson tomorrow.
2. They told me that the new student (to speak) about much.
3. The hostess said that one more guest (expect).
4. The newspaper said that an interesting exhibition (open) in the Hermitage the next week.
5. This new dictionary (to sell) everywhere now.
6. All the texts (look) through yesterday and not a single mistake (to find).
7. Two reports on Hemingway’s stories (to make) in our group last month. Both of them were very interesting.
8. He said that Grandmother’s letter (to receive) the day before.
9. Two new engineers just (to introduce) to the head of the department.
10. Don’t worry, everything will be all right: the children (to take) to the theatre by the teacher and they (bring) back to school in the evening.
Задание 2. Вставьте модальные глаголы can или be able to.
1. George has travelled a lot. He ... speak four languages.
2. I ... sleep very well recently.
3. Sandra ... drive but she hasn’t got a car.
4. I ... understand Martin. I’ve never ... understand him.
5. I used to ... stand on my head but I ... do it now.
6. I ... see you on Friday but I ... meet you on Saturday morning.
7. Ask Catherine about your problem. She might ... help you.
Задание 3. Вставьте глаголы must или can’t.
1. You’ve been travelling all day. You ... be very tired.
2. That restaurant ... be very good. It’s always full of people.
3. That restaurant ... be very good. It’s always empty.
4. You’re going on holiday next week. You ... be looking forward to it.
5. It rained every day during their holiday, so they ... a very nice time.
6. Congratulations on passing your exam. You ... be very pleased.
7. You got here very quickly. You ... have walked very fast.
8. Bill and Sue go away on holiday very often, so they ... be short of money.
Задание 4. Закончите предложения, используя глаголы might not или couldn’t.
1. A: Do you think she saw you?
B: No, she was too far away. ...
2. A: I wonder why she didn’t say hello. Perhaps she didn’t see me.
B: That’s possible. She ...
3. A: I wonder why Ann didn’t come to the party. Perhaps she wasn’t invited.
B: Yes, it’s possible. She ...
4. A: Tom loves parties. I’m sure he would have come to the party if he’d been invited.
B: I agree. He ...
5. A: I wonder how the fire started. Do you think it was an accident?
B: No, the police say it ...
6. A: How did the fire start? I suppose it was an accident.
B: Well, the police aren’t sure. They say it ...
Задание 5. Закончите предложения, используя глаголы must или have to (в нужной форме). В некоторых случаях возможны два варианта.
1. It’s later than I thought. I ... go now.
2. Jack left before the end of the meeting. He ... go home early.
3. In Britain many children ... wear uniform when they go to school.
4. When you come to London again, you ... come and see us.
5. Last night Don became ill suddenly. We ... call a doctor.
6. You really ... work harder if you want to pass the examination.
7. I’m afraid I can’t come tomorrow. I ... work late.
8. I’m sorry I couldn’t come yesterday. I ... work late.
9. Paul doesn’t like his new job. Sometimes he ... work at weekends.
10. Caroline may ... go away next week.